Saturday, June 29, 2024

This will be a relaxing holiday

Garmin said I had to run, so run I did. For the first time in a long, long time I did 5km in under 30 minutes. Yay me. 
While Annette had only just started packing, I was pretty much ready. My entire wedding ensemble meticulously folded and fitted into my hand luggage thanks to some pompous guy on YouTube, I drove off to Bunnings to grab some collapsible mugs. 
Departure from home time was set at 1:50pm. Yeah right.
Anyway, I ate all the perishables from the fridge, something I would pay for later.
We left at 2:15pm.
The stomach pains only really lasted for 6 hours.  For the first time in the history of me, I didn't eat all of my meal, but the traditional plane Coke was good.
The tactics of booking a wheelchair for Betty, a new addition to the blog, paid dividends.
We got onto the plane first and didn't have to fight for overhead luggage space. At Singapore, Betty was seated on arrival and whisked away to gate A14, some 1,900 steps away. Note, if in Singapore for transfer in terminal A, going to A14, catch the sky train to A15 then walk a few metres back.
The 12 hours to Zurich was OK. Sleep was intermittent, food was good. We arrived and foolishly refused wheelchair as we battled customs. Having to walk up and down the same flight of steps to join the passport line was crazy.
Three trains later we arrived in France from Switzerland. Trains are surprisingly older styles and luggage had to be lifted up 4 steps but I guess it counts as exercise. 
Our Uber driver did well to get us and luggage into his Kia sportage but then dropped us in the wrong place. A message to our Airbnb host got us back on track, but this is Europe, so walking anywhere means cobblestones. Modern luggage with wheels hates cobblestones. Those medieval guys did not plan well for the future. 
Bags stored, we left in the heat of the summer to find food. The pizza was good.
Did I mention one of my teeth falling out on a train? Sigh. Can someone volunteer to ring my dentist? 9521 2448. 29 July 0900 would be good...
We purchased supplies, I lay down for a quick nap, and apart from 5 minutes to eat 2 minute noodles and 30 minutes of my phone continually restarting, had a solid 12 hours sleep.
Oh, the title of blog 1 was a quote
by a stressed person as we sped to the station.
Product review: The Airfly adapter by TwelveSouth gave wireless connection to our headphones on plane. 100% goodly review.

No comments: