Those of a certain age will remember Karl Malden and Michael Douglas in The Streets of San Francisco. There was always a car chase with cars flying through the air in the hilly streets.
Porto reminds me of this. It's almost 7pm and the foot that I injured a week before leaving is reminding me that walking the hills is not the same as a good walk around Wattle Grove.
The day started with bad news. The 1 roll of toilet paper was no more. While I showered and shaved to take my mind off all toilet-related thoughts, Annette went in search of reinforcements. She found a 6 pack. Hallelujah. (Editor's note: also octopus in the freezer section)
From here we made our way out for a leisurely day of just looking around. Streets of tiled buildings and footpaths dominate the city.
I seriously think that one of those 50% off end of season, everything must go advertisements from Amber Tiles must have really hit the spot many years ago.
I think I reached my stained glass threshold some time on our last European Vacation. Now I am trying very hard not to go off on a Beverly D'Angelo tangent and What the Husband saw, but I failed.
Back to today. We found the food markets and they were very good and, noticeably, not smelly despite all the seafood and meat. Upstairs, what I thought to be art markets turned out to be Porto Coffee Week.
For the overpriced cost of a small coffee mug with lanyard, I could get some free samples. This did wonders for my caffeine levels.
We purchased food for lunch and dinner, and proceeded mainly uphill to home. The uphills are making my foot unhappy.
Lunch eaten, we headed back out to the hills.
I unsuccessfully looked for Vinyl Discs, but on the way home found Louie Louie, where I fought the urge to buy overpriced records but lost the fight against adding to my cd collection.
No comments:
Post a Comment