My first strike ever with a Titleist driver rolled about 50m. I had to purchase a dozen golf balls prior and with water on every hole, there was a chance I would need them. As predicted, I couldn't hit the Titleist t100 Irons (it's not me, it's you) but the Scotty Cameron (an expensive one) worked ok.
By 3 holes, 2 balls had found a watery grave. On the 4th, a local golf ball grave robber offered to sell me balls he had found. I was confident the 10 remaining would be enough. It took until the 11th for the next one to be lost and then no more. So now I have an extra 9 to take home.
It was hot and sweaty and I hit the driver much further than my ones waiting for me at home. This could cause a financial problem.
Back to a vacant room 404, the 2 bottles of drink I had purchased only lasted seconds.
The Editor returned from the pool and we headed back to the golf course for lunch. Not the greatest choice, but the cheapest on the resort.
An afternoon nap on the lounge for one and a treadmill session for the other. On my return Annette went to the pool.
Dinner was nice. We chose the Asian outdoor and then moved to a table where some others from the group were sitting, then ...
Prepare for your minds to be blown.
The couple from the group who used to live at Wattle Grove (as if that wasn't enough) blew my mind. She was friends with a woman who married a man who was best man at our wedding. Kaboom went my brain.
Anyway, the meal was excellent (I had the chicken) and we got to the shop with a minute to spare for soft drinks 4 and 5 of the day. Golf is thirsty work and the "feels like 42 degrees" on the weather every day, with the official ending of a Titleist golf irons relationship for the second time, needed fizz in the day.
Just the leaving for home post to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment