Sunday, December 3, 2023

Row your boat

Once again, the day began with way too much food,  but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I guess when the toast disintegrates when you butter it, it's a little hard. Never mind, I ate it regardless. Salad, yoghurt, sausages, food, food and more food. 
Then we hopped on our little boat to go to an island, where we donned lifejackets, and got in our 2 person kayak to go through a very low cave (the tide was high).
On the other side, there was a large lake, surrounded by high cliffs and also monkeys doing what monkeys do. Did Davey Jones guest appear on the Brady Bunch when Marcia was the President of his Fan Club? Sorry, I just drifted a bit.
Out of the tiny boat, into the small boat and back to the big boat where brunch was served. I remember lots of food and finished it by having the dragon fruit.
We then hit the water back to our bus about 90 minutes away. 
On the bus trip we, and by we I mean I, started viewing my way through series 1 of Ballers. 
We did stop to see how pearls are cultivated and at a large shop where the artwork is made by victims of Agent Orange all those years ago.
Because money spent on holidays doesn't count (I hope my editor doesn't read this), I decided that the purchase of Weasel Coffee was necessary to fully understand the ways of the Vietnamese people. I hope to share this cultural phenomenon with you all when I get back. I have no idea if that means anybody as I have no idea who reads this blog.
Anyway, to put it simply, Weasel eats coffee beans, digests said beans, poops the beans, and then I buy them to share. I'm sure there is a cleaning process on the way, I hope.
From bus to hotel to fighting off traffic as we headed for the night markets. I believe that Banh Mi may be my new favourite food. Bread roll with meat and some salad. It's delicious. Annette started with a sticky rice banana, and 12 hours later when writing this, I realise the the leftover sauce is all over the inside of my bag.
Anyway, the markets were markets, we survived our final 2 road crossings of the night in search of custard filled treats, headed back to the hotel and may have dropped chocolate onto the bed.

No comments: