Wednesday, July 10, 2024

2,000 Steps

At 2,000 steps for the day, Nanna was done; "just leave me here", she said as she leant against a concrete wall, just 350m from the Trevvi Fountain. That is when the decision was made to come back next year. We got an Uber to our accommodation, had a last trip in the one and a half person lift and tried to figure out where the next Uber would pick us up. 
We guessed correctly, made it to the train station, decided we would miss the first train, got some lunch, failed miserably at getting in the gates, walked forever when we finally got on to the platform after dodging a million confused people. 
I'm in the train. In 1 hour I have to get our 6 bags from the bottom of this pile.
Relaxing holiday? Not today.
Luckily, my Italian seat buddy who had helped me restack the luggage every time it collapsed, helped me at the end. That's his scooter on the right.
We arrived at the station. We could see the ship in the distance. The taxis that were lined up forever waited for their prey. Annette negotiated a good fare in a van. The driver helped Nanna up with a little push in the bum and said she was asking him for that. He also jokingly tried jumping on her when we arrived and put her in a wheelchair. Bags checked in, we made it on board.
Rooms are surprisingly nice and big although, being on deck 1, we don't have to worry about being
woken up by the sun. Deck 9 was lunch. I think I'm going to like it here. We did the music trivia, losing out to people who knew a Rick Astley song.
Dinner was in the fancy restaurant. A nice 3 course meal, but when you are raised on those 4 words "all you can eat buffet", it's going to be hard going back to fine dining. Before dinner, washing was done and my gym duties attended to.
Luckily, the things that looked like scales weren't. Do I really want to know?

No comments: