Monday, July 15, 2024

the quest

Early breakfast was followed by a shuttle into Valencia. We walked around a bit before deciding that the old town is where we were headed. Us and everyone else from the cruise. 
The 95 bus was our vehicle of choice. Upon disembarking, we were immediately in search of a toilet.
I'm not sure if we were looking for anything in particular but in our quest did find a basilica
and some fountains (possibly not the ideal find), and some souvenir shops where Nanna went crazy (possibly to take her mind off the quest).
Nanna kept insisting that there would be a toilet in the churches we passed. This is not one of the mysterious ways that God works. 
Done with the Old sights, Google advised us it was a 12 minute walk through the narrow winding streets. I suggested we just catch the 95 back to the start where a giant shopping centre was sure to bring us joy. It did. Churros were purchased by an unknown member of the touring party and quickly disposed of.
I guess the giant croissant at breakfast wasn't enough.
Health update. I'm hanging in there. My attempted treadmill fun was a 30 minute failure. I repaired to my cabin, (and you didn't even know it was broken), found the tennis, found the golf, found the lounge. Afternoon over. As time progressed, the coughing returned. Editor, take it from here.
Editor's note: Tonight's show was pretty fabulous, an Australian act called Cameo Rascale. Apparently they were on Australia's got talent a few years ago. They were a husband and wife act doing juggling, acrobatics, dancing and comedy and Mum and I had a great time (I'm yet to convince Mark to join us to a show!).


No comments: