Monday, July 15, 2024

Sea Day 2

Well last night was fun, if fun is coughing and spluttering your way to breakfast. I'm struggling to remember anything. 
It was Friday, so naturally in my state I tried to do Thursday's run session. It wasn't pretty, but apparently if you are running on a treadmill, and the ship is moving, that is how fast your watch shows you are running. I think I did some sub-3 minute kms. 
I'm just a big ball of sleepy at the moment. I plonked myself on the bed, golf was on TV, and that was it for a long time. I think at some stage I hit some golf balls in the nets, but I'm really struggling to give you any content ... Oh, wait. Nanna got locked in one of the toilets to take a 2-1 lead in that tightly contested competition. I might hand it over to the editor who was awake for most of the day.
Editor's note: Mum and I entertained ourselves by participating in a fun competition - we were given a remote control to answer increasingly harder multiple choice questions in a knock-out. I made it to the final 18 out of 151 but struggled to calculate the number of feet in a mile. Even though we were given the numbers for the calculation, anything non-metric makes my brain freeze. Another lovely afternoon tea, joined by an English couple who were also Bruce Springsteen fans - I believe I convinced them to buy tickets to one of his rescheduled shows next year (as we have done in Milan!). The evening show didn't live up to the reviews of the entertainment staff - a pretty poor premise of a designer (of what?) who had a creative block, helped by her magical uncle who could sing and dance. The funniest song was the Spandau Ballet song Gold, with dancers in gold lycra (think ONJ singing Physical).

No comments: