Monday, July 1, 2024

"It's going to be a long day"

As I sit in the hop on hop off bus speeding to our last location and with the theme to Prince Planet non stop in my head, I might as well get started.
An early 0800 start made a mockery of the "relaxing holiday" statement. It was cloudy and a perfect temperature compared to yesterday.
We got to the bus stop through a very empty town and started the journey. It wasn't long until we saw in the middle of a roundabout the Statue of Liberty that was made by the guy whose name starts with B, who was the creator of the big USA Statue. This one was a prototype. I was edumacated about this yesterday at the museum in his honour.
It is now 2:30pm. We are yet to eat lunch but the cake/pastry count is presently 3. There can be no dispute. I feel that a new holiday record will soon be set. FYI, the good people among us have had a coke and plain Bretzel. 
Let's start at the 3rd town visited. Starts with a k and got me thinking it rhymed with Heisenberg from Breaking Bad. (Kaysersberg)
Each town so far seems to have had the same town planner and architect. Cobbled main street,  church, clock tower. 
They are all very nice, very similar but this one had a castle. Betty was left on a bench in the rain and got to know the South African lady, almost certainly dumped as well, while we went uphill to the castle. I've seen better, but all castles must be seen and the steps to the top must have burnt some calories. 
Not much going on at village 4, but finally had lunch. The 3 families of storks nesting on the top of the church were quite interesting.  There was no clock tower.
I am not exactly sure of what went on upon arrival at town 4, but seems like somebody couldn't get out of the toilets. I will let the editor take it from here, but for the rest of the trip, Betty will now be Nanna, because it's a Nanna type of thing to do... (Editor's note: the public toilet was an automatic, self-cleaning one, where the only non-automatic thing was to press the big red button to unlock the door. Instead of pressing the actual button, Nanna was attempting to press a picture of a button, while I was yelling instructions from outside the locked door!)
The storks nesting on rooftops is pretty amazing, although their foundations are human made.
Spot the nests.
Back home, a little nap, and dinner was the crumbed fish in a packet, mixed vegetables with rice and an egg, with paprika and pepper. Surprisingly good I thought. Because it's Sunday, the local shop closed before I could get my fix, so instead of Pepsi, I tucked into actual see-through water and not the black version that I would normally have.
Seriously, it's 8:30pm and the sun has finally come out and is shining straight in my eyes through the windows. Stupid nature 

No comments: