Saturday, July 20, 2024

Throw Nanna On The Train

Back in France to the Island  of Corsica and after the ever predictable 7:30 breakfast time, we we were soon off the ship and on the shore. 
The little white train tour of 90 minutes was our choice. I had to detrain in order to help Nanna on board with a gentle shove in the back.
It was my favourite little white train trip so far. We saw the Statue of Napoleon (yes I have been singing Waterloo all day), drove out to get some pictures of the lighthouse, saw the beaches and the houses.
I could live here, although the whereabouts of a golf course does worry me. So many little restaurants and shops.
The others hit the food markets in search of the perfect apricot. Alas, after much manhandling, the perfect piece was not found.
We made our way back to the ship. I put on my running shoes and then watched The Open while the others ate lunch. 
Finally, as Annette left the ship for an independent walk around town, I started my daily run as ordered by Garmin. Annette commented that it was the hottest part of the day. I said that I'm sicker than it is hot. She said that makes me double stupid. 
Anyway, I covered more than 3km, which under the circumstances is better than my recent treadmill battles. I also found a shop that sold Coke. Did I mention losing 6kg when I get home? 
I hit some golf balls, ate some cakes and have watched a lot of golf. Perhaps a core class in the gym would justify eating dinner.

No comments: