Saturday, July 6, 2024

The only markets that get my tick of approval

Early breakfast, brush my teeth and go and get my tooth rebuilt for 90 minutes. $560 later I feel Iike I may have Colonel Steve Austin powers when eating. I will find out at 3:30pm when I finally get to eat. From there to accommodation and then back to station (where I was earlier at the dentist). Planning for today has not gone well.
We headed to Notting Hill Gate and were to meet the others at the Blue Door. 
I get the impression that this had something to do with a movie. Perhaps with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant? I'm not sure but I am disappointed in myself for perhaps getting this much correct.
For those who have read blogs from the past, you will be familiar of my fear and sometimes hatred of markets.
Portobello markets is the exception. They have some good stuff. My man from the past who sold me old soccer magazines wasn't there, but I did manage a few purchases. Every time my watched buzzed and I looked at a message, it seemed to be another purchase that I did not make.
The question is, can a dragonfly brooch hit a golf ball down a fairway? No it can't. 
Finally we reunited with the others from the group, somewhere near a book shop from the previously mentioned movie. They ate scones and tea and I got free samples from the hot chocolate shop. 
I bid farewell and headed back to Wimbledon to get a Tesco meal deal (including a lime Pepsi Max) and plonked myself on the lounge to watch the last of the Tour stage 5.
It's Thursday and Garmin insisted on a run. From distant memories I recalled a park with a 700 metre path around it. I headed there, got a sub standard run done and am now figuring out how to get an 8km done on the wedding day.
Annette, Kate and Tabitha headed off to some ABBA show (Rock Me was their best song) and I ate a sub standard takeaway Chinese. Although, the 5 spring rolls were nice, even more so as there were 8 of them.
I watched all of the British reruns I watch in Australia. Finally relaxation.

No comments: