Saturday, July 13, 2024

My bad Pepsi experience

I won't go into the messy details and describe what colour things are coming out of my body, but still they come.
Nanna was left to fend for herself as we arrived in the Port of Toulon.  It's a rugby town. I got this knowledge from British comedy quiz shows.
Anyway, I retrieved the lung I had coughed up, found a face mask and hopped on a bus to Cassis. The last s is silent. 
From the bus we caught a little white road train down to the water. 
Then onto a little boat for a 1 hour tour. The weather started getting rough ... hold on, in my sick state I drifted into Gilligans Island.
It was a nice little trip, to 3 fjords (I'm glad that wasn't in the spelling competition in Miss Duffy's 3rd class where I got 100% and won the chocolate marshmallows. I know there is a j in it. Editor's note: corrected from feyords).
Maybe it's life on a cruise ship that has me drifting.
Once back on shore, coconut mango and pecan icecreams were purchased. My first French Riviera meal. We wandered the little village and I desperately needed a Pepsi No Sucre. Alone of the few people in the world who qualifies as a Pepsi taster, I was shocked at the lack of flavour. Come to think of it, every morning I have been having a lemonade from the juice machine, which is both bitter and sweet and tangy. This morning it was not.
I wonder what all the symptoms of Covid are?
Back to the ship to grab Nanna and convince her that the shuttle boat ride to the town would not be a repeat of the canal ride from early in the holiday.
We walked around a bit, Annette purchased a decorative cicada and smelly soap. Oh I forgot to mention the sound of cicadas at Cassis. The s at the end is silent.
It was loud. The American next to us thought they were crickets but I regailed him and Annette on the ways of the cicada and how urban sprawl has their numbers dwindling.
Of all the churches I have seen, today's was the best. Understated from the outside, it gave off a bit of a 2 Mules For Sister Sarah vibe.  For those unfamiliar with that movie, do yourself a favour.
Back to the ship, and while the ladies did stuff, I slept. 
We tried the pub for dinner tonight. With 100% of tasted buds working, it would have been good.

No comments: