Saturday, July 13, 2024

Heading to France

Today was our first "at sea" day. What to do on a day when you're all at sea? First, it was the buffet breakfast. Such a good choice, although when I went to the gym later, I did find their scales. It's not horrific but 7kg needs to go. Annette went for a dip in the pool and I joined the putting contest, where you get points for putting your ball through the side of a pig. 
The night previous we had discovered the golf nets, so after losing the contest, I hit some balls. Right elbow close to body and hit the ball at 7 o'clock (more of a reminder for me than anything anybody else cares about).
We went to see a presentation in the theatre about the next 3 ports in Spain. 
As the day progressed, I'm getting sicker. While the ladies went to the black and white dinner, I stayed in bed, as I had done the previous 3 hours.
Annette ordered me room service (the best meal I've had on board) and I coughed and spluttered the night away, my night time Codral substitute noticeably helping. 
Old habits die hard so I had to go for a walk to try and clear my head and get my 10,000 steps. I'm sure the editor will add some extras, but right now I'm back to the coughing and spluttering. 
Editor's note: Mum and I had afternoon tea in the Queen's Room, a very civilised event that happens every afternoon at 3pm. Finger sandwiches, little delicacies and scones while listening to elegant music - very enjoyable. 
Pictures, room service and a pod of dolphins (they really are there. Trust me).

No comments: