Friday, July 19, 2024

Sardinia

Unable to find a dock, I directed the Captain to throw the anchor offshore and load all those bound for shore on the lifeboats. He took my advice due to my experience of over 10 years at the Maritime Services Board.
Nanna chose to stay on board today due to the precarious nature of getting on and off the tender. We had to do a step test (across a big X) to ensure we were stable enough for the boat which, due to unclear instructions, Mark initially failed.
When in doubt, hop on the local white train that is barely bigger than the streets of the town and see where life takes you.
It took us through enough streets to give Annette an idea of where the jewellery shops were.
We shopped a bit, checked out the excellent vending machines,walked the city walls and decided that today was the day to actually buy lunch. With a 5:45pm reservation in the fancy ship restaurant (shirt with collar), I settled for a big salad, Annette the pasta.
We then joined the line of 250 people waiting to get on a boat to the ship.
Did I mention the idiot who couldn't understand what sitting in your seat meant and proceeded to give the crew nightmares? Personally, a shove overboard would have been my tactic. 
Back on board, Annette fell asleep within a second. I went to get afternoon tea, came back, she woke up and I was in trouble for not telling her. Sigh. I got her a leek pie. What more could I do?
At 5:45 we sat down for our fancy meal and I listened to the table next to me convincing themselves that venison was from a young cow. Deer me.
I then hit the golf nets before being ordered to the night's entertainment. Juggling, acrobatics. It was very good.
Editor's note: I found this place so relaxing and the breeze through the trees was beautiful.

No comments: