Monday, July 8, 2024

The Big Day

I'm not feeling great, last night was bad. Breakfast, a drive, pick up drugs, drive to venue. Annette went straight to hair and make-up while the worker bees carried out wedding setup instructions. Four hours till the ceremony. I'm trying hard to hang in there.
At a bit after 2pm the ceremony started. It's really hard to describe the day. Annette kept using the word "beautiful". She was right. Ceremony, speeches, the bridal dance, fireworks, snacks, live performance by the groom. Cannot find any fault. 
But wait, without criticism or sarcasm or ridicule, this blog will go out of business. So here it goes. I didn't really like the tuna, and the chicken wasn't great, but the pulled pork was the hero of that plate. 
Editor's note: the food theme was Australian for entree (Jeremy is Australian - tuna), Texan BBQ for main (they met at uni in Texas), French for dessert (Claire is French - a trio of chocolate something, Lemon meringue and creme brulee).
For those of you who remember the wedding dance of Robert and Amy on Everybody Loves Raymond, this one was way better. We had had 2 waltz lessons from YouTube in our lounge room to prepare. This was a bit better - no waltzing required. How Jeremy, who used to run like a wounded duck pulled this off I do not know. Obviously practise makes perfect. The dance was based on a medley of songs from their favourite films including Hooked on a feeling (Guardians of the galaxy), You make my dreams come true (500 days of summer), more songs that we can't remember, finishing with Jump by the Pointer sisters, which got everyone on the dance floor. I'm sure it was videoed by someone.
That's all I've got. The speeches were sensational, even the ones in French I couldn't understand. I hope mine was OK. It came just before my voice gave way. I will let the editor add any notes she wishes.
Bed time was after midnight, which judging by my waking up pattern will give me 4.5 hours sleep.
Oh, English summer weather sucks, Cold, sunshine, lots of on and off rain.
Editor's note: my personal wedding photographer boarded a plane to Australia before sending her photos so I'll update with more pics later.

No comments: